People are hungry for details about the seafood they eat.
Thisfish can help restaurants meet this growing demand by providing trusted, verifiable information about the authenticity, quality and sustainability of the seafood they source. Through our traceability system, waiters can tell diners the story of their seafood and chefs can source traceable seafood products.
Here’s what Thisfish has to offer:
- Branding: Using Thisfish, restaurants can source local or particular regional varieties of seafood and begin to educate their diners about the unique qualities of these regional brands.
- Quality: Traceability creates accountability and thus can improve the quality of fishermen’s catch and its handling throughout the supply chain. Chefs can also learn when a fish was landed, ensuring that it’s top quality.
Seafood traceable through Thisfish has been served in many of Canada’s top seafood restaurants, as well as restaurants in the United States and Europe. These include:
- Vancouver: C Restaurant, Raincity Grill, Hapa Izakaya, Latitude, Campagnolo, Refuel, Cioppino’s Mediterranean Grill & Enoteca, Bishop's, Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge, Jericho Sailing Centre, Les Faux Bourgeois
- Calgary: Catch Seafood Restaurant, River Café
- Saskatoon: Souleio Foods
- Toronto: Starfish, Canoe, Vertical, Amuse Bouche, Scaramouche, Auberge de Pommier, The Harbord Room, The Wine Bar, Pangaea
- Ottawa: Eighteen