Seafood is unequivocally the sexiest protein in the supermarket. Oysters anyone? Yet we are often confused by the diversity and even exoticism of the many species in our local grocery store. What’s sustainable? How was it caught? Where did it come from? What the hell is a geoduck and how do you pronounce it?
To celebrate International Oceans Day, Eric Enno Tamm, ThisFish Team leader and former commercial fisherman, will give a talk on his personal tips when buying the best quality and most sustainable seafood. You’ll learn about:
- What makes seafood sustainable
- Why frozen fish is often better quality than fresh fish
- How to understand confusing labels and dates
- Which products and brands can be trusted
- And why seafood is the most amazing food in human history!