Please visit Sobey's website for more recipes. Click this link.
Steamed Haddock With Leeks, Carrots & Anise
- 4 sheets of parchment paper, approx. 13 x 16 in. (32 x 40 cm)
- 1 leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 Compliments Organic Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 bulb anise(fennel), trimmed, cored and sliced, top fronds reserved
- 4 wild haddock fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 mL Pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 mL 1/2 cup
- dry white wine, divided 125 mL
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Fold each sheet of parchment paper in half. Open parchment and divide half the leek, carrots and anise on the right side of each. Place a haddock fillet over each bed of vegetables.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. Coarsely chop the anise fronds (the green tops) and scatter them, plus the red pepper strips and remaining leek, carrots and anise over top of the fish.
- Drizzle each fillet with olive oil and wine. Fold left side of parchment paper over the right and tightly roll edges closed like a paper bag. Transfer packets to a baking sheet and cook on the lowest rack of the oven for 15 min. Serve each packet with a lemon wedge.