Try out this flavourful sockey salmon recipe from Barb Barnes of Sobeys Kitchen. Lightly spiced with lemon, cumin and coriander, this sockeye recipe is perfect for the summertime barbeque. Quick and easy to prepare, it also comes with a zesty tartare sauce.
Lemon and Spice Scented Sockeye with Zesty Tartar Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Compliments Canola Oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Compliments Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pkg (227g) each Sensations Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillets, thawed, rinsed and patted dry
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Zesty Tartar Sauce, recipe follows
How to Cook
Total time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
To prepare seasoned oil mixture, combine oil, lemon peel, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a Compliments Large freezer Bag. Add salmon fillets and squeeze bag to coat fillets with oil mixture; seal bag. Let stand for 15 minutes. Preheat gas or electric barbecue.
Remove salmon from seasoned oil and discard any remaining oil mixture. Grill salmon, over medium heat, turning once to sear both sides of fillets, for 5 minutes per side or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with Zesty Tartar sauce.
Zesty Tartar Sauce
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) Compliments Balance Mayonnaise with 2 tbsp (30 mL) Compliments Sweet Green Relish, 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) Compliments Cayenne Pepper and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.